Yesterday marked one month since I started posting on Present Value Finance. After spending time reading other blogs and joining a few forums, that quote from Socrates never rang more true:
True knowledge is knowing you know nothing.
- Posts: 11
- New Users: 69
- Page Views:142
- Average Session Duration: 2:06
- Bounce Rate: 74.36%
- Twitter Followers: 6
Recap of Goals
Goals for Next Month
- Post at least once a week. That works out to another five posts to get me to the middle of November.
- Try to write at least two posts a week. I’ve got a list of posts ideas that will take me out into mid-2018, so no shortage of material. I need to test whether that sort of pace is doable given my other commitments. If nothing else, this will give me some posts ready to go for guest posting/if I’m too busy to write one week.
- Growth in users and page views from prior month. I don’t have a specific growth target in mind, I just want to see it grow.
- Have at least one big spike in traffic, e.g. a mention on Rockstar Finance. This one is completely out of my control, but would be a big plus!
- Last would be continue to learn about what I need to do on the back-end to promote the site, get a growing social media presence, explore adding an affiliate program and build an email list.
John started Present Value Finance in 2017 to share his experiences and insights on personal finance to help people make better decisions and take control of their financial lives.
He achieved financial independence in 2016 by walking away from the high stress world of corporate finance to focus on his family. He’s a husband, father, family CFO, and all around finance geek.